Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Winter Break-Down

Today is the second day of the new year and like most moms I am ready for winter break to be over and for my 4 year old to go back to pre-k. THREE WEEKS OFF! like why? He’s 4, taking him back will be like the first day of school all over again the struggle of getting up in the morning, the crying when I drop him off and gently nudging him in the class room as I run as quickly as possible to the gate closest to the parking lot before they lock it and I have to walk all the way around.

A little back ground on me, I'm 30 years old, married and the mother of two beautiful kids that have aged me at least 5 years in the past year. My son is 4 the apple of my eye, my soulmate, he is the sweetest boy. Now that doesn't mean that he is an angel hes going through a phase (well i'm calling it a phase) where he cries about everything and I mean  everything..."mom I want water, mom my leg itches, mom Charlie (his sister) is sitting next to me. CRY! CRY! CRY!. sometime I just hide in the kitchen on the floor between the sink and the stove until they think I like left or something. Then there is the current ruler of the house the princess, my daughter the soon to be two year old terror. She is the kind of the kid that makes woman want to rip out there uterus and throw it in the trash. She is pure monster and the problem is she is so darn beautiful that she gets away with it and shes not just like in my eyes shes beautiful because I'm her mother but actually gorgeous which makes it that much worse. I am a stay at home mom and my husband works works works i'm a single married parent.

Now during this three week break my 4 year old Jamison was assigned homework, no biggie a couple of worksheets tracing, coloring you know typical stuff. Oh no that is not all though, they also have a "Project", where THEY have to create a poster board about their culture. My son is 4 he barley knows his name, as he refers to himself as Jamison "Monkey" Franco. Not only that, they want him to present the board to the class, when did pre-k become college prep 101. So pretty much I have a project that I need to get started on, my husband goes just make it simple its a kid project and I would have but there is this other mom in the class that tries to out do all the other parents and just thinks she is like The mom. So now I have to do a spite project and totally outshine this mom and her kid and let it be known I see her game. Yes, I am that mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment